Friday, February 27, 2009

Train Wreck

I’ve finally figured out what that whooshing sound is. It’s the sound of days rushing by in a flash. It’s been three weeks since I’ve put in an appearance here, and for that I apologize.

It’s been one of those times when real life intrudes on writing life, and personal life gets all tangled up between the two, creating that familiar train wreck sensation. Everything is happening at once, and not all bad, either. Here’s the scoop, straight from the pile of twisted metal and smoking ash, about the month of February.

Very good – Lion Tamers is available in print.
Not so good – A family member has an illness now requiring care, i.e. staying with me.
Very good – My first non-fiction article was published in a national magazine this month.
Very good – I’m buying a house.
Not so good – The house is in another state, the commute is hell.
Very good – Center Ring is getting some favorable reviews.
Not so good – I’m working against a deadline for my third book, High Wire.

And then there’s the travel. Since I’ve posted here, I’ve been to Louisville, Kentucky twice, Charlotte, North Carolina, Indianapolis, Indiana, and then back to Mooresville, North Carolina. There’s no complaining about this from me, I’ve created this life. It’s only that sometimes I wonder why time passes so quickly.

As far as I’m concerned, it’s just another day at the office. The problem is, I’ll soon be moving the office! But that’s news for another day. Reviewing the list, I’ve had all I can handle this month. I’m heading back into my writing cave for now. I need to finish this so I can have more time to spend with you.

So tell me, how are things in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment