Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A Visit to the Windy City

This time, it wasn't particularly windy. The weather was gorgeous. Which only made the trip that much more enjoyable.

Little did I know, there were surprises in store for me. Like a surprise birthday party for one. And a new Sony reader for the other. Doesn't that just rock? I think so. Count me totally floored by both. And totally thrilled. I'm very lucky to be surrounded by people (okay, so they're a couple hundred miles away, who's counting?) who would care enough to take time out of their busy schedules to participate in such an event.

Honestly, I'm telling you this as an explanation of sorts, as to why there have been no posts the last few days. And to let you know that as soon as I recover from the travel, which one good nights sleep in my own bed should take care of, I'll be back to the regular posts.

To that end, tune in tomorrow, for the next installment in the Writer Biz segment.

3 comments:

  1. Hah! I surprise party. Woohooo! Of course you've got friends who'd throw you own. You are AWESOME! (and I'm wondering how in the heck we managed to not have your birthday in the reminders for our crit group?? Might need some investigation)

    The Sony Reader will be a blast. Yay for you, and think how much lighter your suitcase will be now when you travel. Plus, that birthday reminds me that I'm not the only one who will be enjoying the larger text fonts... :)

    Hope it was a great one, woman

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! The Sony reader is a great B-day present. I know, hubby got me the same thing last year. Love it. Oh and happy b-day. Like Piper said, how did we not know this?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday!!!! Glad you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete