Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Renegade Renovation #1 – Demo

I did something I’ve never done before. Rented a 40 yard dumpster. They just dropped it off. These things are huge! It’s bigger than my old living room. Can’t imagine filling the sucker up.

Right now, there’s wallboard to be torn down, carpet to be pulled up, wiring to be taken out and trim to be removed. All of which must be sorted into careful piles, because I want to re-use, or recycle as much as possible.

Oh, and yep, I’m doing most of it myself. To save, well, everything it seems, except my sanity.

Better get back to work. As much as I stare at them, things aren’t moving by themselves.

1 comment:

  1. LOL. Hey - definitely hang onto the wiring. Copper gets a pretty fair price these days. Congrats on completing another "first". :)

    ReplyDelete