Wednesday, November 4, 2009

NaNoWriMo

November is National Novel Writing Month, or time for NaNo as most writers call it. It's the time of year when writers from all over the world get together and write. I mean, just write. No editing, no critiquing, or rewriting. Here's the link if you'd like more information. NaNoWriMo.

The goal is to write a 50k word story in a month. It's supposed to be a great exercise in simply getting the words of your story on paper. As someone who struggles with each word, because it has to be exactly the right one before it hits the page, I'm not sure how well this will work for me. But I'll keep you updated.

This is my first time to take part in NaNo. I really wanted to do it, to challenge myself to just write. Without worrying about what comes out. And of course, I'm traveling. Hey, I'm up for it. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment