Friday, August 13, 2010

Rules, Rules and More Rules

This came through the other day, and it’s still hanging about in the back of my consciousness, so apparently I’m meant to tell you about it.

It’s very easy to get bogged down in negative self-talk, rejections, not enough time to write, and all those other things associated with trying to work at building a writing career into the rest of our already bursting-at-the-seems life.

When I read this article from Writers Digest entitled,

The 10 Commandments of Fiction Writing,

it was like a going back to basics moment for me. Aha! My perspective snapped back in place. It was just enough of a tug back to reality to remind me that I write because I love it. And all the negative things don’t really matter because they are all part of the process. And I will not, live my life without it.

Have a great weekend everyone!

2 comments: