Thursday, April 7, 2011

Totally Creeped Out

If you follow me on twitter, you’ve heard about the bugs. If not, here’s the short version. Had a wasp invasion the last couple months. Inside. Paper wasps in my office and mahogany wasps in the dining room.

Since I’m the crazy woman you’ll see jumping out of her car in traffic if a bee flies in, a call to the bug man became mandatory. I hated to even call because of the cats, but he assured me they now have an option that is pet friendly. After treating the house, he said the wasps would try to get away from the stuff, get lethargic and go end their lives in an unobtrusive manner.

They’ve gotten away alright. Seems they’ve migrated to the basement. The last couple days, I go down and there are three or four live ones sitting on the floor. This leads the panic stricken lady of the house to step on them immediately, scoop them up and get rid of the evidence.

One day there was only one. I was busy, so I stepped on it and kept going about my business. Yesterday I noticed that it had disappeared. It was okay though because there were three more to take its place. Again with the dancing shoes, late for an appointment those suckers stayed right where they met their end. This morning I went downstairs to get something and noticed that all three little cadavers were gone. I made sure to stop and thank the guy in the house for cleaning up after me.

Deadpan, as only a man can do, he looks at me and says, “I didn’t clean them up, we must have a lizard or a snake down there.”

!!!

1 comment:

  1. OH my God!! A lizard or snake??? Here I was thinking maybe the cats could get down there (mine eat bugs). Never even thought reptile.

    Yuck, oh yuck.

    ReplyDelete