Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Don't Argue for Your Darlings


One of the blogs I subscribe to has a great post today, so I thought I'd share it. If you are a writer and don't follow this blog, you might want to consider it.


The post is longish, but the points are so true and worth reading. Because it's almost a knee jerk reaction to defend our work, especially those darlings that we've slaved over for hours on end. Keith Cronin does a fabulous job of explaining why as writers we might not want to do that.

Okay, I confess. I may have done it a time or two. My CP's have always kindly and respectfully put me in my place. They are priceless. Truly.

2 comments:

  1. Great post. Thanks for the link to Writer Unboxed. Very interesting site!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kate. They do have a lot to offer. And have given me the proverbial kick in the pants a time or two. lol.

      Delete